8.25.2010

A promise from Heaven, a promise from you, a promise to love, I will hold onto...

I am in that phase of life where it seems everyone around me is getting married and engaged. One bride in particular this month was a friend of mine from high school. She knew that I made cakes and asked if I would do theirs. I was thrilled to do it for her and honored to be a part of her big day. Though sadly I had to miss it, being that our family vacation was then.

Their colors were cornflower blue and ivory, classic and beautiful. And the flowers they chose were hydrangeas.

The middle tier had the quilted look with dots at the intersection of the lines. 
The hydrangeas were made out of gumpaste and the ribbon was satin.

On the top they added a silver "S" topper, which I think made it look wonderful.

Congrats Tiff and Jake! :]

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I stumbled across your blog! Cute cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, you are amazing! your work is flawless. and your water melon cookies.... oh... i so have to make them. looking forward to seeing your future works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, that is so sweet of you to say!

    Definitely try those cookies out. People think they take forever and are so difficult, when in reality they are quite simple.

    ReplyDelete