5.09.2010

Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels...

It is graduation time, and with that comes many parties and so many cakes. Which gave me the opportunity to make my first paid for cake!!! I am official now, I believe. 


A friend came to me looking for a cake for his sister's graduation. She wanted something with a stiletto and polka dots. And so, I made a shoe box with a polka dot design and a high heel shoe made out of solid white chocolate.


To get the 'inside' of the shoe, I used black fondant. Which I thought looked cool being a different texture, kind of like it had silk lining. 


Sadly when molding the shoe, there was no room in the freezer or fridge for it so it had to dry slowly on the counter. When chocolate isn't set quickly, it usually becomes foggy rather than shiny.

There you have it!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks absolutely amazing! :)

    Followed, can't wait to see what else you get up to.

    X
    Cindy
    http://cstandsforcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je suis impressionnée. BRAVO!!!!
    See soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SO cute and sassy! great work!!

    ReplyDelete